Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 

Another positive development

I meant to post something last week about it, to encourage people to attend, but time got away from me -- as it seems to on an ever-increasing pattern. Whiteknight helped to host a meetup in Philadelphia where the creation of a Wikimedia Pennsylvania Chapter was announced. Hey, if we can't build momentum to create a US-wide chapter, we might as well start state-by-state.

I was surprised to discover that the first organizing step was in Philadelphia. Back in january, I had thought NewYorkBrad would be the first to make it happen

Good luck to Whiteknight and his fellow founders. The only suggestion I have to offer is that they consider offering associate memberships to those of us who don't live in Pennsylvania, as a means to help encourage other US Wikipedians to organize.

Geoff

Technocrati tags: , ,

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter