Thursday, May 15, 2008

 

Another unhappy customer

I just stumbled across this post about one user's frustration with Wikipedia's increasingly user-unfriendly ways. This case is twice as bad because I happen to know Bart Massey, a professor of computer science at Portland State, has been an advocate of Wikipedia in the past. I gave a presentation on Wikipedia and its culture to one of his classes back in 2005.

To quote part of the response I left him, "Maybe the time has come to simply drop the 'anybody can edit' part from the motto, much as the day once came when Linus no longer accepted patches from just anyone."

Geoff

Technocrati tags: , ,

Labels:


Comments:
"This post", what? It links back here.
 
There's a link needs a-fixin' here. Would this be it?

http://fob.po8.org/node/451
 
Yes, it would be. Fixed.

This is what happens when I don't update my blog for almost two months.

Geoff
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter