Thursday, November 22, 2007

 

A Paid Day off!

Today I enjoy my first paid holiday since New Years' 2001. I lost my last full-time job with benefits early that year due to the tech industry collapse, and have been either working as a contractor or mooching of my wife since then. (Not that I have a full-time job with benefits at the moment -- but as long as I have worked 960 hours in the last six months, my contract house will give me holiday pay.)

I guess there are certain tokens I need to feel that I'm truly a productive part of society -- even though I probably have a better quality of life than most of the world's inhabitants. Next on my list: recovering my access to vacation pay.

Geoff

Technocrati tags: ,

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter