Sunday, October 14, 2007

 

As goes Pennsylvania

So, it appears, goes New York. While looking for something else on meta, I found a link to the announcement of the organizational meeting for the New York Wikimedia Chapter. I know that Newyorkbrad has been working on building ground-roots support for a chapter in that city, and they had an encouraging turnout at their meetup last August -- or should I just call it a picnic?

I guess things are slowly building towards a United States Wikimedia organization, even though the Pennsylvania chapter has been inactive during the last couple of months; I hope that was due merely to the effects of summer and the start of the school year.

Geoff

PS -- They're scheduled another meetup, and part of the business will be devoted to organizing this chapter.

Technocrati tags: , , ,

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter