Tuesday, June 26, 2007

 

Time and topics

My silence hasn't been for a lack of topics. Things have been changing at Wikipedia, as they do in any dynamic, thriving community. However, I've had more to occupy my time with than just the need to earn a paycheck in order to keep the cats fed and afford more books. Some of what happened in the last few days:

Meanwhile, the following notable events happened at Wikipedia:

I don't want to fall into my usual rut of cynicism, but I can't help concluding that I thought hobbies were supposed to be fun -- or at least provide a sense of satisfaction.

Geoff



Technocrati tags: ,

Labels:


Comments:
Indeed, a lot of us are finding that Wikipedia is becoming less fun, and moving on to other hobbies as a result.

People have always been leaving Wikipedia; the question is whether the people leaving it today are being replaced by comparable editors or not. I fear not.
 
Actually, I know of at least one featured article which has appeared on the main page without an image, Al-Kateb v Godwin. It was on the main page on 18 October last year.
 
Stephen, you have a better memory than me.

Geoff
 
Actually, 45,000 spoiler tags were deleted — every spoiler tag in Wikipedia was deleted. Some people have been trying to put them back, but our edits are continually reverted by the spoiler patrol.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter