Friday, June 29, 2007

 

A proposed venue for the 2008 Wikimania

If Cippalusi is selected to host the 2008 Wikimania Conference, I could continue a proud family tradition: the first time my Dad visited Italy, people shot at him; going to Cippalusi, people would shoot at me. However, he caught hepatitis drinking from a contaminated water source, and that is one tradition I do not want to continue.

(In case you're wondering, my Dad went to Italy in the 1940s as an employee of the US government, so to speak; after Italy he was scheduled to travel to Japan and work there also, but the government ended the project early and sent him home to Oregon. Which was a good thing, because the working conditions in Japan were not expected to be as good as they were in Italy.)

Geoff

Technocrati tags: , , ,

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter