Tuesday, February 13, 2007

 

OGuild meeting tomorrow

Brandon Sanders sends word that he'll be leading a group of the OGuild folks in a meeting with Ahmed Rashid of the Portland Development Commision tomorrow to discuss Flexible Space Concepts

The reason I won't be there is that I don't need any Flexible Space to do what I do. (I could use a job, though.) I do like his ideas about it, specifically as a Guild Hall to serve as a place for Open Source people to meet and trade ideas. The current options -- coffee shops or brewpubs -- don't succeed in attracting the right kinds of people, so spontaneous interactions don't happen in the flesh here in Portland as much as we'd like.

Geoff

Tags: ,

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter