Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 

Not about Wikipedia, part II

Arrived at the hospital at 7:45 this morning. Yvette was concerned, so she drove me there, and waited while they ran me through the MRI machine.

The high-tech examination was itself fairly uneventful. First I had to swap my pants for a pair of pyjama bottoms (the metal in the zipper might have a bad interaction with the magnetic imagining hardware). Then I was inserted head-first into the device as far as my knees, and had to remain perfectly still while the machine made semi-rhythmic squeals and percussions. The noise
reminded me of a Steve Reich composition with the occasional change in tone; I perceived that the sounds mostly followed 4/4 time -- except for one image when it followed 7/8 time.

Then Yvette drove me home. The technologist (not a technician, but she wasn't clear how those titles differed) told me that my doctor would have the results in a couple of days.

Geoff

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter