Monday, November 06, 2006

 

The title of my blog

So why "Original research"?

I like to think that the idea of banning "original research" from Wikipedia was something I had a hand in formulating. At least it would appear that I did from this email. If this is not my most important contribution to Wikipedia, then I would consider it was the addition of a long list of awkwardly-written articles about every Emperor of Ethiopia. (If some don't read as if they were written with a shovel, that's because someone else came along behind me & fixed them.)

However, while researching the links for this entry, I discovered that the idea of banning "original research" predates that September, 2003 email. One example can be seen here.

So much for my claim to fame.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter